- 1 tablespoon Arborio rice, rinsed well
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground nutmeg or cinnamon
Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease shallow (2 cup) ovenproof dish.
Combine the rice, milk, caster sugar, sultanas and vanilla essence in prepared dish and mix lightly with a fork. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
Bake for 30 minutes. Stir without breaking the skin to stop the rice from sticking to the bottom of the dish. Bake for a further 30 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Replace sultanas with diced dried apricots
Rate our single serve recipe
You must be logged in to rate.