- 1 slice thick cut fruit bread
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 -3 teaspoons caster sugar (to taste)
Preheat oven to 160oC .
Trim crusts from bread and spread with butter. Cut into 1cm cubes and place into small ovenproof dish (2 cup capacity).
In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk and caster sugar. Pour half the custard mixture over the bread and stand for 10 minutes.
Whisk remaining custard mix again and pour over bread. Stand dish in a baking dish with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the dish.
Bake, uncovered for approximately 30 minutes, until custard is set.
- Replace thick cut fruit bread with 2 slices of fruit bread
- Replace thick cut fruit bread with 2 slices of white bread and add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract with the sugar. Sprinkle with cinnamon before cooking
Tips & Hints
Freeze leftover fruit bread in ziplock bags
Rate our single serve recipe
You must be logged in to rate.