- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped red chilli
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 100g lamb fillet, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt, extra
Combine garlic, ginger, chilli, spices, yoghurt and vinegar in a small bowl. Add the lamb, cover and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan which has a tight fitting lid. Add the onions and cook until browned, Add the lamb and tomato and stir fry for 5 minutes. Add the bay leaf. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes until the lamb is tender.
Add the rice and water and stir well. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Do not remove the lid before this time or the steam will escape and the rice will not be tender. Stir through the sultanas and coriander and serve with the yoghurt.
Rate our single serve recipe
You must be logged in to rate.