- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 3 tablespoons lemonade
- 3 tablespoons cream
- Jam and whipped cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease a baking tray.
Place the flour in a bowl. Add lemonade and cream and use a flat-bladed knife to stir until combined. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
Roll into a thick sausage and cut into 3 equal portions. Shape into rounds and place so just touching on prepared tray.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and scones sound hollow when tapped on base. Transfer immediately to a wire rack to cool. Halve scones and spread with Rhubarb and Ginger Jam or Lemon Curd and whipped cream.
- To make fruit scones, add 2 tablespoons of sultanas or other dried fruit with the flour.
- If you prefer a sweeter scone, add 1 teaspoon of caster sugar to the flour.
- To make pumpkin scones add 1 tablespoon each of cooked mashed pumpkin and grated cheese
Rate our single serve recipe
You must be logged in to rate.