- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 stick of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 golden delicious apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons table salt
- 180g Atlantic Salmon fillet, deboned with skin on
- Small handful of green salad leaves (such as rocket or baby spinach)
- 2 tablespoons good quality mayonnaise
- 50g walnuts, toasted and chopped
Place the sugar in a small saucepan with the vinegar and water and stir to dissolve. Bring to the boil then remove from heat. Add the celery and cool to room temperature then add the apple and set aside.
To make the salt meringue crust, combine the egg white and lemon juice. Whisk to soft peaks. Add the salt then whisk to combine.
Pre heat the Miele DGC 5080 XL Combination Steam Oven on Fan Plus 150°C. If you do not have one of these, preheat your normal oven to 150°C
Line a tray with baking paper. Spread a third of the salt meringue onto the flesh side of the salmon fillet then place meringue side down onto the paper. Insert the wireless roast probe into the salmon fillet and top with the remaining meringue.
Place the salmon into the oven on shelf position 2 and cook to a core temperature of 50°C approximately 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and rest for 3-5 minutes.
Drain the celery and apple and arrange on a serving plate with the salad leaves.
Remove the salt crust from the salmon and place skin side up on top of the salad, finish with mayonnaise and toasted walnuts.
Rate our single serve recipe
You must be logged in to rate.