- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 100g lamb, diced
- 1/4 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 slice pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, sliced into 1cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary and thyme
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 100 g dried rigatoni pasta
- Shaved parmesan
- Small bunch continental parsley
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add diced lamb and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
Add onion, garlic, pancetta , carrot, celery and herbs and cook until vegetables have softened. Add red wine and reduce for 1 minute. Add diced tomato, tomato paste and chicken stock. Stir through and bring to the boil, add the sealed lamb and cover the pan turning the heat to low. Cook for 1 ½ hours or until lamb is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile cook the rigatoni pasta in large saucepan with salted water, following the packet directions until tender.
Mix rigatoni through the lamb ragout, serve in pasta bowls and top with shaved parmesan and fresh parsley.
- Replace Lamb with Beef
Rate our single serve recipe
You must be logged in to rate.