- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red capsicums, cut into strips
- 1 orange capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into strips
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
Heat oil in a small non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat.
Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft, approximately 5 minutes.
Add capsicums, cover and cook gently for 20 minutes or until tender.
Add tomatoes and sugar and season with salt and pepper.
Increase heat to medium-high and cook uncovered, stirring often, until sauce thickens, approximately 10 minutes.
Add vinegar and cook for a further minute.
Cool until just warm and pour into a sterilised 250ml jar. Once cold, seal the jar. Will keep for three weeks in the fridge.
- Use any combination of red, orange and yellow capsicums, depending on availability
Tips & Hints
Great with grilled steak or as a sandwich spread
Rate our single serve recipe
You must be logged in to rate.