- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 small celery stick, chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and set aside.
In the same saucepan add spring onion, garlic, celery and carrot and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the stock, frozen peas and potato and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes until the peas and potatoes are soft.
Puree the soup, return to the pan and add the bacon. Simmer for 5 minutes until the bacon is warmed through.
- replace bacon with ham
Rate our single serve recipe
You must be logged in to rate.