- 1/3 cup white quinoa, thoroughly rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 roma tomato,seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 spring onion, chopped (including green tops)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
Place rinsed quinoa in water in small saucepan and bring to the boil, cover and cook gently for 20 to 25 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Place in a medium bowl and allow to cool.
Add the currants, tomato, parsley, mint and onions and toss gently to combine.
Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil and garlic in a small bowl and pour over quinoa mixture.
Tips & Hints
Quinoa is coated with a natural substance called saponin which can impart a soapy or bitter taste so thoroughly rinsing the grains is important.
Chop garlic finely, add a little coarse salt, chop some more, then literally crush the garlic against the cutting board
Rate our single serve recipe
You must be logged in to rate.